What are veneers?
A dental veneer is a thin layer of porcelain or composite material made to fit over the front surface of a tooth, like a false fingernail fits over a nail. They are held in place by a very strong bond – similar to super glue.
Veneers are used to:
- Improve the shape, colour and position of your teeth
- Repair minor tooth damage such as chipping
What are the benefits of dental veneers?
- They can give you a beautiful, perfect smile
- They’re the least invasive tooth restoration method, since only a tiny amount of tooth enamel is removed
- They’re song lasting – veneers typically last 10-30 years
How are veneers placed?
Veneer placement typically happens over the course of 3 appointments.
- Initial consultation: A friendly consultation with Dr Tulacz to discuss your options.
- Tooth preparation: About 1mm will be trimmed from the surface of the tooth to accommodate the veneer. An impression and shade is then taken and sent to the laboratory.
- Crown placement: Two weeks after the preparation the final veneer is bonded in place. Before bonding it in place, we’ll show you the veneer on your tooth to make sure you are happy with it.
Results of Veneers – Before and After
See the results of dental veneers for yourself.
How can I find out more about veneers?
If you need more information, just call us on 01432 274749.